Saving money ideas on textbooks for college.
As you may already know, college textbooks can be expensive. To save some money and make life easier.
Here are some tools that I have used:
- Amazon Student– You can sign up here. You need to have a student email and a mailing address. One of the advantages is that you save on shipping and get discounted price when you rent books. There are other advantages such as:
- Six Month Free Trial – (You can cancel at anytime)
- Two Day Shipping (Amazon Prime)
- Rent or Buy Textbooks at Lower Prices
- Free access Amazon video
- Amazon Music
- Free Kindle Books Borrowing (just download the Kindle app)
- Always compare compare Amazon and UNC bookstore– Always do this before buying, you’ll save money.
- Kindle Free app to rent books- I’ve rented books on my iPad using the Kindle app and sometimes they are cheaper that the actual textbook
- Create an Amazon Seller Account– I’ve used this to sell my textbooks. If you are able to manage your account well, you’ll get some money back for your books. Make sure you are disciplined and really good with shipping dates, otherwise you’ll get bad reviews and Amazon will close your account.
- Share books with classmates- Do this with people you trust, and exchange books for the semester; just make sure is someone you know they’ll take care of it.
- Textbook brokers- I’ve never used this service, but I’ve heard classmates giving good reviews about it. Here is their website Nocobooks.com (Leave a comment if you’ve used them before)
What I have shared here are my own opinions and experiences, by all means share/comment if you have other ideas on saving money on textbooks. Happy saving!